Total Page Views

Monday, December 10, 2012

Climbing Back on the Wagon

Ugh. I haven't written in this blog in a couple of years. You can guess the results; I've lost my accountability and gained weight. The reason weight-loss groups work is accountability. Each week, members weigh in and must be accountable to others, regarding any weight gain. If there's a weight loss, members can celebrate it with others. Accountability is everything when fighting any addiction, challenge, or weight loss. Once I stopped blogging or being accountable for what went into my mouth each day, I lost my accountability and regained a large portion of the weight I had lost.

In the past few weeks, the idea of getting back to this blog and getting back on track has been foremost in my mind, and guess what. Several people have brought up the issue of my blog. "Have you written anything in your 'Don't You Dare Call It a Diet' blog?" friends have asked. I'm sure it was their polite way of saying, "You can't see how big your ass has gotten, but I can."

Like an alcoholic who falls off the wagon and must get back up, brush himself off, and climb back on board to take  that ride of sobriety, I must again face the issue of needing to protect my health and prolong my life by eating right and working out regularly.

I have had a few excuses; I really did. I wasn't allowed to exercise for a while, when I was anticipating and then recuperating from surgery, but at last I have begun going to the gym again, after much too much absence, way beyond my legitimate excuse. Getting an exercise plan back on my schedule is major. Once it slid off my calendar, it was easily forgotten. Every time I go to the gym and do a thorough workout, though, I feel great afterward. How could I have forgotten how good it feels to move and push all the muscles in my body?

An excuse I had for not writing in the blog was that I was locked out of my blog, probably because of inactivity, and it took me quite a while to reactivate it. First I had to have the motivation to go through the motions to reactivate it. Next I had to "find the time" to write a blog entry. Excuses, plain and simple.

What's the difference between an excuse and a reason? As I see it, an excuse is an attempt to justify why I didn't do something I should have done. A reason, however, leads to the positive: I have a reason to be healthy, and I've used excuses to "explain" why I haven't been paying close attention to my food plan.

The holidays are looming; I can't lose weight now. Right; that's an excuse. Well, I'm not going to accept that excuse. I will eat right and still enjoy the holidays. I know it's possible; I've done before, when I was sticking to a healthy food plan.

For the past few weeks, finally, I've been back to eating more salads as a meal, and when I eat that salad at home, I remember to put two tablespoons of milled flax seed in it. It enhances the flavor and adds fiber, and flax seed is supposed to reduce cholesterol, an issue I'm addressing with my doctor. He wants me to take statins. I don't want to take statins. I have two more months to lower my cholesterol a few points, so he can see that I am aiming in the right direction.

Avoiding statins is my motivation. Feeling better is my motivation.

Blogging and being public about my weight challenges, those equate to accountability.

Motivation and accountability--I've added those two major elements to my food plan, and I know the combination works, as does my food plan, when I follow it.

If you have kindness and forgiveness in your heart, climb back on the better-eating wagon with me, please, and forgive me for falling off it.

Does any of this food-plan stuff equate to a major change in my lifestyle, one that I can't sustain? No. The change is subtle. Good choices, correct portion sizes, and variety; that's all I need to move toward a better weight.

Wagons ho!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading is g your post. Thank you for sharing so nice and helpful ideas to readers who do not have to face this problem again in their project.six pack shortcuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also provide Homeopathic Supplies in our clinic. There are numerous people who got benefitted by our Weight
    Loss Programs

    . So, what you are waiting for? Get rid of your ailments in a natural way today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water plays essential and important role in losing weight, if you drink 8 or more glass in a day. Find out more relevant information from my webpage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been  blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and also I was suffering from brain cancer which I also explain to Dr Itua so he prepared herbal medicine for me which I drank for two weeks to cure my brian cancer so if you are suffering from any kind of diseases you can contact Dr Itua herbal center to get your cure successfully,  i am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Lupus, ALS, HPV, Erectile dysfunction, Menstrual Cramp, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues.He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete